Jan 11, 2012

me & Cocoa Daisy

Due to the epic move set for this Saturday, this will most likely be my only scrapbook post for the month. So, I figured I'd better make it a good one! Way back in October I was asked to be a guest designer for Cocoa Daisy and even though December was a crazy busy month, I accepted the challenge. I think working with a kit is also a little more organized too because you only have so many things to work with and then that's it!

Here's what I made with their January main kit!

This layout was all about a strong title and stronger journaling and I just didn't feel that it needed a photo to support the over all feel. It wasn't meant to be a super cutesy layout. (Even though, when both my husband & my good friend saw this page they said the same thing! "Where's the photo?) This layout could not be more appropriate for this week!




I loved this floral paper - it's reminds me of pretty vintage wallpaper and yellow mixed with black and white stripes is always a hit in my book!





I had wanted to create some type of little mini list album and then decided on making one for Home lists. Everyone room in the new house has an index card that I can jot down items that are needed for that room. I think I've filled it since taking these photos over 2 weeks ago!






Had to scrapbook one of the kids' Christmas photos!





The Cocoa Daisy kit came with a package of Sassafras paper flowers (I loved those and was so happy to see them in a kit again!) Instead of just tossing the packaging that the flowers came with, I covered the little paper insert with paper and then sewed in lots of randomly cut pieces of graph and ledger paper. It made a good tiny notebook for keeping track of everything lately!




Well, there you have it! All my scrapbook stuff for the month in one place! I'm going back to packing this afternoon, movers are coming on Saturday and that's only 3 days away!! Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Paper Issues said...

Your projects are amazing! So happy and cheerful! LOVE.

KraftyBuns said...

Love all your projects!! Good luck with the move! I hope you will show the new craft room when it is all finished! :)

Bonita Rose said...

Lovely projects!
My heart is with you.. we are moving my almost 19 year old daughter into her first ever apartment.. so we'll be doing the moving thing too! Moving is hard work! hugs xo bonitarose in fargo

Dana Gustafson said...

Incredible!

Anonymous said...

Awesome every last creation!! Good luck with your move :-)

cococricketsmama said...

so pretty, I love your style!