Jun 20, 2011

guest designing + Crate Paper

I think this month has been one of my busiest yet! Thankfully, it's almost over! I was asked to be a guest designer this month at Skissedilla - sketch blog.




I have this layout hanging in my studio right now, it's kind of inspired by the confetti packets I made for Crate Paper's wedding week. Who knew little paper circles could be so inspiring!

I also decided to host the giveaway for the sketch challenge as well ~ a little handmade & vintage embellishment kit, because everyone could use a little something extra!




On the Crate Paper blog today, my very first Crate DIY project has just been posted! Alaina and I got crafty and made a few Art display boards for her room, complete with tiny vintage tart-tin magnets. It's a fun summer craft project to try and it could be completely versatile! I plan on making another larger one for my kitchen pantry - to post the menu plans for the week and other lists.








whew!! I think that covers today's events. I have a whole day of apts. and errands and then a little dinner party to host this evening. Busy indeed - Happy Monday!

18 comments:

Danielle said...

I've been having Tara withdrawals eheheheh :) OMG those little magnets are so darling!!!! I need to make some of those <3 ADORABLE!!!!

I miss you so much sweetie xoxo

Ester DurĂ£es said...

those circles are lovely, Tara! & what a gorgeous kit, I love those butterflies!!

Grethe said...

LOOOVE your little magnets!

Lea said...

I love when I see your post highlighted in my google reader. Your crafting always inspires Tara. Theses little magnets are divine. add that to my ever growing 'to make list'. Have a great day!

Susan said...

What an adorable project and I love the layout!! You are so talented, thank you for the inspiration.

Nicole Austin said...

that is a great project! i saw it over on the crate paper blog. i would love to do fun, crafty things like that!

Bonnie said...

such cute projects!

Fauve Design said...

How cool,the circle layout is very inspiring.And those magnets are adorable...Thinking about making something with cupcakes.

xoxo

Melissa said...

Hey now, where are y'all getting these tart tins at such a low price that you can just make magnets out of them? I've been waiting for the day I could find the tools for making such tarts! :P

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I just found your blogspot. I am overwhelmed. What beautiful designs.
I love the project shown with the little tart tins. Great inspiration to share with my little grandchildren.
I also loved the Scrapbook design and have entered my first page..Thanks for the fun and inspiring loveliness.

Anonymous said...

wow, congrats. love this tut. your styleis amazing :) xo Felicitas from Germany

Blossom inch said...

love those craft projects and what a beautiful layout. Thanks for sharing!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow!!! Such incredibly gorgeous work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janea aka Naya said...

I love the colors of your work, it has such a distinctive look and feel to it. I can always tell when it belongs to you.

Just Us said...

Love that page---been hoarding circles for awhile so I know the feeling :0)

Anonymous said...

I recently bought 20 vintage tart pans at a yard sale in a little Vermont village and had another idea in mind for them, but may need to do this project with a few other them. Hot pink shining out from crimped metal just looks so good. Thanks for the inspiration. Sue

Britta said...

Wow , love your tut and love your blog! Like to follow you :) and see more...! Thanks for sharing
greetings the frl.pilzrausch

Unknown said...

Love your work... would love to win some of it!